Skip to main content

30 Minutes without INTERNET


Unusually I had to do some office work this weekend, so after doing all my chores for the day ,i.e getting up from the bed,bathing and eating breakfast I thought i would get back to work after binge watching a few episodes of HIMYM.

But as my open my laptop to begin the work , i noticed that the internet was unavailable. So i called my internet provider and he told me that it would be off for half an hour or more.

So i decided to scroll down my FB/Insta feed  (using mobile data) to kill time. But as i was scrolling down something hit me and hit me hard. I realized for a moment that those posts were not serving the purpose they were meant to serve , i.e to grab my attention and entertain me .Have i turned into a Zombie/Robot in this modern world, i started thinking.

Lately I started thinking something else instead , recalling all those memories i had in the childhood when there were no internet , computers &smart phones,phone calls were too costly that we used to give a missed call to our parents, the days when blackout used to happen in the whole colony except some houses, more eye contacts,more offline communication used to happen, our attention and focus were better back then.

Being born in 90's i consider myself lucky to experience the transition from non smart to smart era.
People of our generation, Millennials have seen both the worlds.
As kids ,we used to play a lot of games in our Gully (stole it from Gully boy 😜) like Cricket, Badminton,langdi-taang, Poshampa,Hide and seek, Unch-neech, baraf-paani etc.The list is very long though , sometimes we invented new games ourselves.

A blackout would make Hide n seek even more interesting.Also we were scolded by the neighbors to not hide at their place.Once while playing cricket , a guy's front teeth were broken, at that time we were kids so instead of helping him first , we laughed .But now he is doing fine as far as his teeth are considered.
Overall we made great memories , which today's generation won't make as they are too busy with their or their parent's phones.

We used to watch our cartoons for/on a specific time, when mom allowed us.
But with the arrival of Smart TV and digital content on phone and laptop ,remote fights have vanished.
Also earlier we used to watch TV together as we had no other option but now we have plenty of them, donno it's a good thing or bad.
We were more connected to people in the earlier times to keep in touch with them , but now we already know what they are doing in their lives through social media that we rarely ask them.
Now we have free calls and messages but nothing to talk about.
There is a lack of meaningful friendships in most people's life .
Our attention span has reduced as the meme attached shows .

Overall gist of this blog:

Old days were not smart enough , but they left us with lasting memories or something that will stay with us only and not the coming generations .



Thanks for reading !!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple --> Parents

                          A carefree couple  Having a child is the happiest event of your life and watching them grow bring joy in your life everyday. Every big change in life whether good or bad, challenges you as a person , evolves your personality and make you a different being. When you are expecting as a couple everybody around you prepares you about living with the baby, right way of taking care of her and tell their postpartum experience. But the thing that nobody prepares you about  is the change in the relationship with your spouse.  It's like your romantic relationship is just a nostalgia now, the way you both used to spend time together, the way you cared for each other, the way you enjoyed your outings and trips. Everything becomes a thing of past  and you don't even realise it until you see an old picture of you two together, the way you both are smiling, how carefree you both used to feel, how loving your relationship was and you realise that it will never be the

My Moon

You are my sun ,my moon , My best friend, my toon. My lover, my life's boon.  My melon in summer's afternoon. With whom i can share a spoon, And a umbrella during monsoon. What would i do without you, My problem solving tool . When away i want you back soon. Always stay happy and blessed. My mister super coool. 🤗

Never dreamt of a Prince

Many Girls dream of a prince on white horse, I never did . I always wanted someone i can sing with or sing for, Someone i can dance with, Someone i can laugh with, Someone i can cry in front of, Someone i can share popcorn with, Someone i love travelling with ( adventurous spirit) A best friend,a confidant. Someone who understands my silence,my ambitions,my impulsiveness,my craziness and appreciates that too. Someone who loves me, not because of what's outside but what's inside. This is all i have dreamt of. Hope its not too much to ask ,still less than asking for a prince. Isn't it? Thanks for reading !!!